Cozy Up With Some Hot Chocolate ☕️They say April showers bring May flowers, and this week’s weather in Toronto is certainly looking like we will have a whole lot of flowers! To make what looks like a blustery week a little sweeter, we (GOoDie the octopus🐙 and I) are sharing our sinfully delicious Hot Chocolate recipe with you!
This recipe can be used with ANY of our GOoDS chocolate bars for a wide range of flavours. The hardest part is choosing what flavour to use! We decided to go with our Sea Salt bar first, and to make it extra special GOoDie is pairing it with homemade whipped cream and caramel! See more flavour suggestions at the end of this blog!
If, like a few of us you don’t have any GOoDS bars left you can also substitute 25g to 50g of any chocolate you may have, and hopefully we can get you restocked soon.
Chocolate Bar Hot ChocolateTo make Chocolate Bar Hot Chocolate at home you will need:
- A GOoDs Chocolate Bar, you will use ½ a bar per cup
- 1 cup Milk or Milk Alternative
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Caramel (optional)
- Using half the chocolate bar, break it into pieces and place in a pot over the stove on low heat. This is important because you don’t want to burn your chocolate!
- Melt down the chocolate, use a whisk to keep the pieces moving.
- After the chocolate is fully melted whisk in 1 cup of milk until fully blended.
- Pour into a mug.
- Add your favourite toppings. Since we used a Sea Salt chocolate bar I topped with sea salt and caramel to make a Caramel Sea Salt Hot Chocolate.
Caramel SauceFor the Caramel Sauce I followed the Oh-so-easy Caramel Sauce from AllRecipes found here. To make Caramel Sauce you will need:
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Prepare the sugar, butter and milk
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in the milk and brown sugar into the pot with the butter
- Bring mixture to a boil and keep stirring until the sauce has thickened up.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract
- Pour on to desired food and enjoy!
Whipping CreamWhipping Cream is very easy to make, you can sweeten it with sugar or flavoured syrup or enjoy it without adding anything! For this example I added a teaspoon of vanilla sugar. You can whip the cream by hand, or use a blender / magic bullet if you have one.
- Add your sweetener to your bowl or mixing vessel.
- Add the whipping cream, the amount will depend on how much whipped cream you want, I used roughly 1/3 to ½ cup of cream.
- Whip it. Whip it good! (I couldn’t help myself 🤣) This will take significantly longer if you are whipping by hand. For the blender or Magic Bullet blend it for 30 seconds, remove and shake, blend again. Repeat until it is a nice and fluffy consistency.
Other delicious pairing suggestions –
- – Smoked GOoDS bar with a shot of whiskey for an extra special cozy treat
- – Orange blossom GOoDS bar with whipped cream infused with a sprinkle of lemon zest
- – Mint GOoDS bar topped with marshmallows
This Sunday’s movie night is Jurassic World 🦖🦖 (Sadly, no Goldblum, but Chris Pratt is a dream and going to be a new daddy soon! Congrats! 👶 Sam was outvoted, but Meridith is going to be very happy this weekend!🤣) We will see you in the chat!
May the fork be with you,
– The GOoDS